- - Legal
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Position Overview: The Associate Counsel is responsible for providing legal support to the Atlanta Braves' with a specific focus on the Braves' compliance efforts including oversight of a company-wide compliance program and all training, monitoring, investigation and enforcement related thereto. The Associate Counsel will also oversee the Braves' risk management function and handle employment, workers' compensation and litigation related matters on behalf of the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of the Atlanta Braves company-wide compliance program, including preparation and delivery of educational training materials, implementation and oversight of monitoring systems and oversight of investigation and enforcement efforts.
- Oversight, knowledge, monitoring and enforcement of Major League Baseball (MLB) Rules and Regulations, Atlanta Braves and Liberty Media Code of Conduct, Atlanta Braves corporate governance and approval matrix policies for business and baseball operations, relevant laws, rules and regulations, and other Atlanta Braves' policies and procedures.
- Includes oversight of compliance programs throughout the company, including Baseball operations, Business operations, minor league owned affiliates and periodic site visits to various Atlanta Braves' complexes.
- Specific emphasis and oversight of MLB international signing rules and regulations and compliance with international laws and regulations.
- Investigation of Corporate Compliance line complaints, employment-related complaints and other compliance related matters.
- Membership on, and periodic reporting to, Atlanta Braves Executive Compliance Committee.
- Responsible for assuring all compliance reports are communicated to Liberty Media and, when appropriate, the Liberty Media Audit Committee in a timely fashion.
- Oversight of risk management policies and claims and workers' compensation claims on behalf of the company. Includes direct management and oversight of Braves' Administrative Services Manager in this area.
- Other duties as assigned by the EVP & CLO.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a compliance related role in a law firm, college athletic department, corporate law department, law enforcement agency or other similar entity.
- Background in compliance, risk management, employment law, educational training, investigations and enforcement.
- Juris Doctorate and license to practice law required
- Conversational or Proficient in Spanish.
- Professional and customer service oriented attitude required
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented person who can prioritize and follow through with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, who cares about teamwork and the team's success
- Willingness to work long hours and overtime as department demands may dictate.
- Must complete a successful criminal and credit background check.
Qualified candidates should submit salary requirements and a resume
online at www.braves.com/employment by March 1, 2018.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media