Senior Financial Analyst – Braves Development Company
- - Accounting
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Position Overview: Responsible for supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities for the Braves Development Company (BDC), including the annual budget, strategic planning, the monthly forecast process, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monthly Financial Analysis and Decision Support
° Compare monthly results to forecast, budget and prior year same period and provide specific business drivers for variances in reporting to business stakeholders.
° Analyze and prepare monthly forecast submission.
° Review and model contracts to ensure the financial impact of payment terms, timing, and other contractual details are forecasted and budgeted appropriately to reflect revenue recognition terms.
° Analyze, forecast, and track headcount activity, capital expenditures, and operating expenditures.
° Communicate and advise Leadership on the key metrics, drivers, and risks & opportunities.
° Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Atlanta Braves leadership.
° Partner with business leaders by providing value-added financial analysis as needed.
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Strategic Planning
° Partner with business to develop, validate, and submit monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and 3-year Strategic Plans.
° Prepare presentations for forecasts, budget and strategic plan reviews with Management.
- Perform Special Projects as Assigned
° As needed, work with Business and Finance leadership to develop models or reporting that improve Leadership's ability to achieve financial targets and improve visibility to business profitability.
° Participate in process improvement and productivity projects to drive continuous improvement in the finance functional area through documentation, cross-training and automation.
° Other Ad Hoc requests from the business or finance leaders.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- 4-year degree in finance or related field or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- Experience in real estate development, property management, or commercial development required
- Planning analytics system knowledge a plus
- Advanced Modeling Skills: Ability to create financial models for ad-hoc reporting and to work with large volumes of data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication and personal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business problems
- Able to work independently and complete tasks on-time with minimal oversight
- Willingness to work long hours during periods of heavy workload (e.g., budget cycle)
- Good knowledge of GAAP
- Good knowledge of financial statements
- Strong analytical skills
Qualified candidates should submit salary requirements and a resume at
online at www.braves.com/employment
ANLBC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media