Senior Manager, Accounting – Atlanta Braves
- - Accounting
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Company Overview: The Atlanta Braves are seeking passionate, driven individuals to join the Front Office of the longest continuously operating franchise in Major League Baseball. The Braves Front Office has innovative, diverse individuals, who share the passion of Braves baseball and are excited to uphold the highest standards of excellence while supporting our ballpark and entertainment experience. As a Front Office employee, you will be working with a first-of-its kind Major League Baseball park with a mixed-use development and community. Braves employees enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic company culture focused on contributing to the community we work and live in.
Position Overview: Experienced accounting professional, ideally with public accounting experience, who will be responsible for the financial close process for the Atlanta Braves Baseball Club. This individual will also play a key role in the implementation of the new ERP system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform and/or supervise accounting duties related to the month-end close, including preparation and/or review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
- Manage, coach and develop 2 direct reports.
- Support technical accounting with the implementation of new accounting standards
- Meet with business partners and Finance to discuss accruals, forecasts, and budgets
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Drive ERP implementation process
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly reporting schedules
- Other Ad Hoc requests from the business or finance leaders
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6+ years accounting experience
- 4+ years managerial/leadership experience
- BS or BBA in accounting required
- CPA required
- Strong experience in US GAAP, Financial Statement preparation, and SOX requirements
- Thorough knowledge of accounting policies, practices and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP implementation experience: Workday experience a plus
- Ability to analyze, organize, summarize, and articulate complex financial information
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and in collaboration with others, in order to meet deadlines
- Participate in process improvement and productivity projects to drive continuous improvement in the accounting functional area through documentation, cross-training and automation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
Qualified candidates should submit salary requirements and a resume
online at www.braves.com/employment.
ANLBC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media