Full Time Security Supervisor
- - Security
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
The Security Supervisor is to assist Stadium Operations and Security Management in overseeing all life/safety aspects of Sun Trust Park relating to structure, property and its occupants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct, train and evaluate the performance of non-game security personnel.
- Perform and document regular and detailed security checks of venue and equipment.
- Maintain schedule of non-game security staff to ensure optimal site coverage.
- Monitor, oversee and demonstrate proficiency in the use of surveillance cameras, access control systems, badging system and alarm panels (fire and door alarms).
- Computer proficiency (minimum Microsoft Office) required.
- Maintain and manage security duty logs, events of the day and incident report process in a thorough and timely manner.
- Communicate all site emergencies immediately to security management. Maintain proficient use of ISS incident notification system during non-game periods.
- Secure, maintain and document sign in out of all security keys and all secure door access cards.
- Issue, log and ensure operability of all required security equipment to authorized personnel.
- Respond to and report all issues or concerns pertaining to security/safety immediately to security management and other departments as needed.
- Investigate and document incidents to determine/recommend problem solutions.
- Exemplify quality leadership and motivate the workforce.
- Escort employees, staff, and visitors as required.
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive security experience with an established entity
- Highly effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Leadership skills balanced with the ability to be a team player
- Strong organization skills (i.e., proactive, detail-oriented) and ability to excel under pressure
- An understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and an ability to work effectively and relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Initiative with the ability to accept a high degree of responsibility and act with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Ability to work extended hours in rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to innovate and improvise security solutions
- The candidate must pass a drug test and criminal and credit background checks.
In addition to the above, the following qualifications are deemed advantageous:
- Degree in Criminal Justice
- POST certified
- Military service with a documented emphasis on security
- Large venue/large complex security solution history
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.braves.com/employment.
The Atlanta Braves are an Equal Opportunity Employer