General Manager, Mississippi Braves
- - Minor League - Mississippi
- Jackson, MS, USA
- Full Time
Position Overview: The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Mississippi Braves, Double-A Affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. The General Manager will be expected to provide an innovative approach to staffing, ticket sales, promotions and marketing. This role serves as the leader of the club and is expected to represent the club in a positive manner at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee all business operations of the minor league club including development of annual budget, organizational charts, goals and objectives for each department.
2. Effectively communicate with Executive Vice President of Minor League Affiliates & Strategic Planning regarding status of clubs' business affairs.
3. Manage the concession contract and oversee relations between the Club and its concessionaire. Evaluate the concessionaire/concession sales on an annual basis and provide Owner with written suggestions for improvement.
4. Develop and implement a plan for increasing corporate advertising and sponsorship revenue. Identify local businesses to engage and commit to strengthening relationships with community and business leaders.
5. Work with Owner to develop a creative marketing campaign that includes print ads, television ads, radio ads, a vigorous website, and unique marketing tactics.
6. Develop innovative promotional campaigns that strategically integrate with marketing, business communications, corporate sponsorship, group sales, in-game entertainment, and community relations to drive ticket sales and expand media reach. Design promotions that provide fun, affordable, family-friendly in-game entertainment.
7. Maintain ongoing management of game/event entertainment in the ballpark to deliver a consistently superior, innovative and fresh approach and to ensure maximum enjoyment by our fans.
8. Manage the Club's brand by ensuring compliance with logo usage specifications for all merchandise used by the organization or approved usage by outside parties (e.g. corporate partners, group outings, etc).
9. Oversee the daily editing of the Club's website and make suggestions to BAM for the ongoing improvement of its content.
10. Provide leadership, guidance and training to sales team staff. Work with staff to develop sustainable ticket campaigns, group ticket plans and pricing strategy.
11. Work with Human Resources to establish policies on sexual harassment, discrimination, and other such topics. Report immediately and confer with EVP on any and all human resources issues as they develop.
12. Recruit and hire outstanding personnel to fill all available positions. Develop job descriptions for each full-time staffer and requirements for each job, including priority task lists.
13. Maintain strong and positive relationships with full-time, part-time and seasonal staff. Conduct annual performance reviews with each full-time staff member.
14. Manage the player development contract and oversee relations between the Club and its Major League affiliate. Communicate with the Club's Major League affiliate in the areas of travel, budget, payments, reimbursements and player personnel issues.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Director of Operations related role in Major or Minor League baseball.
- Professional and customer service oriented attitude required.
- Proactive, organized and innovative person who can prioritize and follow through with little to no supervision.
- Galvanizing attitude to motivate and support staff while enhancing a team-oriented culture.
- Ability to drive sales, marketing and corporate sponsorship initiatives to achieve favorable results.
- Willingness to work long hours, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Must complete a successful criminal and credit background check.
Qualified candidates should submit salary requirements and a resume
online at www.braves.com/employment by October 1.
The Atlanta Braves are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media