- - Engineering
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Field manager assists with the operation and management of the playing surface.
- Total playing surface maintenance, including cutting, game ready preparation, complete fertilization application and equipment maintenance
- Interviews, hires, trains, directs and supervises a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the field
- Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, and chemical applications.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and supplies/materials to maintain the playing surface and adjacent landscapes
- Baseball Specific: Manages infield skin, mound and home plate areas, grass to skin transition
- Should be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Job requires running, pulling and lifting heavy material at times.
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Must have at least two years' experience in professional baseball setting.
- Can operate a turf spray rig for liquid chemical applications.
- Have knowledge of fertilizers and understand their application properties.
- Ability to manage, supervise and train seasonal staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity and understanding of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management and operations of sports fields and facilities (including, but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations);
- Work non-traditional hours, including baseball season and stadium special events.
- Knowledge of warm season grasses wear and replacement, zoned irrigation, tarp deployment and weather preparation procedures.
- An understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures and an ability to work effectively and relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- The candidate must pass a drug test and criminal and credit background checks.
The Atlanta Braves are an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Atlanta Braves https://braves.hirecentric.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media