Application Developer Trainee
- Trainee Program - Trainee Program - Technology Services
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Application Developer Trainee
The Atlanta Braves Trainee Program is designed for applicants who are interested in beginning a career in professional sports. Each year, the program hires individuals from around the nation with diverse backgrounds who are ambitious, intelligent and creative candidates to work in a department from January to November. This opportunity provides valuable experience in the day-to-day operations of a professional sports franchise, and it not only gives the opportunity to work in a Front Office environment, but also to build a network with those in the sports industry who can provide guidance, advice, and possible connections for job opportunities upon completion of the program.
The Atlanta Braves Trainee Program is open to any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day responsibilities (depending on department assignments). The individuals who participate in this program are paid $10.50/hour, plus overtime if applicable, as well as are benefit-eligible after 60 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Bachelor's degree (MIS) in programming/systems or computer science, or specialized training, certification, and two years programming experience (consisting of education and experience)
- A basic understanding and aptitude for learning multiple programming languages and applicable applications (experience with Workday a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent executive presence
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays
Position description includes but is not limited to:
- Works on multiple projects at a time as a member of each project team
- Works on small and large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines; participates on one or more project teams, application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and production support
- Works with project teams to define and design scope for each project
- Participates in project planning sessions with business leaders, vendors, and team members to analyze development requirements and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
- Tests and implements application modules from multiple systems the team has developed or modified, ensuring application meets the needs of the business
- Provides ongoing maintenance of client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Handles production support within their area of expertise and supports issues referred to them by IT peers or managers
- Provides design recommendations, developing and integrating programs per written specifications; occasionally responsible for writing module design specifications
- Makes moderate modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and division standards
- Develops software application modules using disciplined software development processes
- Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules.
- Prepares and presents status updates on various projects
- On-call duties required as needed
- Game day support duties on a rotational basis
- Performs other duties as required
In addition to the general requirements, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms, as well as Microsoft business application stack including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctual and self-motivated.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Ability to collaborate and work on a team of designers.
- Must complete a successful background check.
Interested candidates should apply on-line at braves.com/employment.
The Atlanta Braves are an Equal Opportunity Employer