Senior Financial Analyst - Atlanta Braves
- - Accounting
- Atlanta , GA, USA
- Full Time
Company Overview: The Atlanta Braves are seeking passionate, driven individuals to join the Front Office of the longest continuously operating franchise in Major League Baseball. The Braves Front Office has innovative, diverse individuals, who share the passion of Braves baseball and are excited to uphold the highest standards of excellence while supporting our ballpark and entertainment experience. As a Front Office employee, you will be working with a first-of-its kind Major League Baseball park with a mixed-use development and community. Braves employees enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic company culture focused on contributing to the community we work and live in.
Position Overview: Responsible for supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities for the Atlanta Braves baseball club, including the annual budget, strategic planning, the monthly forecast process, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monthly Financial Analysis and Decision Support
° Compare monthly results to forecast, budget and prior year same period and provide specific business drivers for variances in reporting to business stakeholders.
° Analyze and prepare monthly forecast submission.
° Review and model contracts to ensure the financial impact of payment terms, timing, and other contractual details are forecasted and budgeted appropriately to reflect revenue recognition terms.
° Analyze, forecast, and track headcount activity, capital expenditures, and operating expenditures.
° Communicate and advise Leadership on the key metrics, drivers, and risks & opportunities.
° Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Atlanta Braves leadership.
° Partner with business leaders by providing value added financial analysis as needed.
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Strategic Planning
° Partner with business to develop, validate, and submit monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and 3-year Strategic Plans.
° Prepare presentations for forecasts, budget and strategic plan reviews with Management.
- Perform Special Projects as Assigned
° As needed, work with Business and Finance leadership to develop models or reporting that improve Leadership's ability to achieve financial targets and improve visibility to business profitability.
° Participate in process improvement and productivity projects to drive continuous improvement in the finance functional area through documentation, cross-training and automation.
° Other Ad Hoc requests from the business or finance leaders.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- 4-year degree in finance or related field or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- Planning analytics system knowledge a plus
- Good knowledge of GAAP
- Sports industry experience a plus, not required
- Advanced Modeling Skills: Ability to create financial models for ad-hoc reporting and to work with large volumes of data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication and personal skills
- Good knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business problems
- Able to work independently and complete tasks on-time with minimal oversight
- Willingness to work long hours during periods of heavy workload (e.g., budget cycle
Qualified candidates should submit salary requirements and a resume at
online at www.braves.com/employment
ANLBC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer