Director of Leasing & Business Development
- - The BATTERY ATLANTA
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Leasing & Business Development is responsible for locating, evaluating and developing potential local leasing tenants and income-generating opportunities for The Battery Atlanta to meet revenue goals. This includes negotiating agreements, coordinating administration of programs, and overall tenant presentation.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Identify new opportunities, partnerships and events that strengthen market position and meet revenue goals for Braves Development Company.
- Locate, identify and evaluate potential Specialty Leasing (SL) tenants and other income sources for shopping center properties in both common area and in-line vacancies – ensuring maximum occupancy and minimum downtime.
- Develop and implement plan to include regularly attending trade shows, review publications and canvass the area to identify retailers and other potential income generating tenants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective SL tenants and existing tenants.
- Network with area leasing representatives and industry associates.
- Identify and develop new leasable locations in the common area.
- Present prospective programs and event lists from key local markets through cold calling, networking, reviewing applicable publications and targeted outreach for consideration.
- Develop a network of targeted community organizations whose membership rosters will help us drive revenue growth, opportunistic marketing, and continued program learnings.
- Work with legal department to draft agreements for tenants, special events, photoshoots, services, talent as needed and manage agreement procedure ensuring that all documentation is received.
- Submit regular weekly reports to identify deal making, forecasting, revenue goal achievement and other program implementation status.
- Execute contracts and collect client receivables as it relates to paid events and programs.
- Assist with the promotion and implementation of partnership programs, including the measuring of results and recapping of programs.
- Participate in Manager on Duty rotation, staff meetings and other relevant management responsibilities as a critical member of the mall management team
- Walk property multiple times daily to ensure all signage, marketing material and property brand is perfect at-all-times.
- Prioritizing tasks to meet expected marketing and event needs, ensuring set-up of all events are to the appropriate specifications based on the client's or partner's requested needs.
- Collaborate with Manager, Strategic Marketing to ensure that monthly calendars are being created and are up to date, ready for internal and external execution.
- All other duties as assigned to facilitate organizational goals.
- A bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline
- 15 years of business development/sales experience including at least 2-3 years of retail leasing experience.
- High energy level
- In-depth knowledge of merchandising, deal structures and lease terminology
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and exercise independent judgment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced environment.
Braves Development Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media