Senior Financial Analyst
- - Finance
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Senior Financial Analyst
Position Overview: Responsible for supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities for the Atlanta Braves baseball club, including the annual budget, strategic planning, the monthly forecast process, and ad-hoc financial analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Monthly Financial Analysis and Decision Support
- Compare monthly results to forecast, budget and prior year same period and provide specific business drivers for variances in reporting to business stakeholders.
- Analyze and prepare monthly forecast submission.
- Review and model contracts to ensure the financial impact of payment terms, timing, and other contractual details are forecasted and budgeted appropriately to reflect revenue recognition terms.
- Analyze, forecast, and track headcount activity, capital expenditures, and operating expenditures.
- Communicate and advise Leadership on the key metrics, drivers, and risks & opportunities.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Atlanta Braves leadership.
- Partner with business leaders by providing value added financial analysis as needed.
Forecasting, Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Partner with business to develop, validate, and submit monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and 3-year Strategic Plans.
- Prepare presentations for forecasts, budget and strategic plan reviews with Management.
Perform Special Projects as Assigned
- As needed, work with Business and Finance leadership to develop models or reporting that improve Leadership's ability to achieve financial targets and improve visibility to business profitability.
- Participate in process improvement and productivity projects to drive continuous improvement in the finance functional area through documentation, cross-training and automation.
- Other Ad Hoc requests from the business or finance leaders.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- 4-year degree in Finance or related field or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- 3 years Profit and Loss experience
- Planning analytics system knowledge a plus
- More specifically Workday and Adaptive Insights
- Good educational knowledge of GAAP
- Sports industry experience a plus, not required
- Advanced Modeling Skills: Ability to understand and build financial models for ad-hoc reporting and to work with large volumes of data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication and personal skills
- Good knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business problems
- Able to work independently and complete tasks on-time with minimal oversight
- Willingness to work long hours during periods of heavy workload (e.g., budget cycle)
ANLBC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media