IT Strategic Sourcing Manager
- - Information Technology
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and delivering IT contracts, statements of work, RFIs, RPS, and pricing negotiations; analyzes trends in technology and the impact of emerging technologies on the business; uses financial resources to ensure the development of high-quality, value-added technology solutions aligned with customer and business needs; establishes relationships with IT leaders, business leaders, and suppliers; possesses a combination of business, behavioral, and technical leadership skills
As the primary Sourcing Lead,the Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for actively building relationships across business lines thereby engaging and collaborating with internal partners (i.e. Legal, Risk Management, Finance, etc.) and their respective business units to identify innovative approaches to address commodity management problems and opportunities. Advocate, direct, promote and influence the importance of a disciplined strategic sourcing process, methodologies and principles and the sustained effect it has on business results
- Manages and directs the activities of Vendor Management, including contract origination, analysis, and negotiation for all hardware/software, consulting, purchase contracts, maintenance contracts, software development, disaster recovery, communication, equipment purchases, and maintenance; acts as liaison between equipment and service vendors, various legal groups and legal staff for discussing contract issues; performs full range of contracts administration, monitoring customer, supplier, and company contractual compliance through contract closeout, including supplier selection, contract negotiations, transactional technology purchasing, chargeback, and invoice reconciliation; manages vendor relationships to maximize value to the business
- Works with Braves Finance and internal customers to develop business justifications, returns on investments analysis, lease-versus-buy analyses, and other such financial analyses to assist in procurement decisions
- Assists in supplier selection activities, including the development of requests for proposals, development of proposal evaluation criteria, evaluations, and selection of finalist suppliers
- Assists with the development and implementation of approved plans to support the achievement of department goals; leads, plans, implements, and/or participates on projects and services necessary to support and improve existing processes and services; stays abreast of industry trends, processing technology changes and new developments, and makes appropriate recommendations for applications to management; develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continually improve the progress and results of the organization
- Assists senior management in planning efforts and in the implementation of strategic outsourcing in concert with the technology strategy
- Formalizes vendor research and pre-qualification process and identifies the company's strategic technology partners
- Performs other projects and related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6 years' relevant experience in sourcing (and related functions).
- Knowledge of the market, suppliers and cost drivers.
- Demonstrated excellence in management of complex, high-value supplier relationships. Track record of success in supplier consolidation and driving spend to preferred suppliers, contracts, and frame agreements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in strategic sourcing for Technology (e.g., Hardware, Software, Cloud Services, Outsourced Services) and/or Payment space (e.g., Point of Sales and Retails solutions, Payment card gateways and processors).
- Background check required.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong partnership development and analytic skills.