Braves Care PLAY Ambassador
- - Community Affairs
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Part Time
Braves Care is the social responsibility platform of the Atlanta Braves Baseball Club, guiding our giving and serving across four key areas addressing important social issues and causes including promoting health & wellness (LIVE), investing in education (LEARN), supporting the growth and development of youth baseball & softball (PLAY) and honoring and encouraging community service (SERVE).
The Atlanta Braves are currently seeking applicants for our Braves Care PLAY Ambassador role. This part-time, year-round position will assist with Braves Care events and activities surrounding PLAY, including: programming of the Braves PLAY BALL events, youth baseball tournaments, coach and youth clinics, activations in schools or with local clubs/parks/community programs, and other events at SunTrust Park and throughout Braves Country. Additional event support could be centered around health & wellness programming & events, education programs and events and community service projects. In addition, the Braves Care PLAY Ambassador may work specific Braves game events that support Braves Care through the Braves Foundation 50/50 Raffle and Auctions.
Team Members will represent the Braves in the community and assist in executing events throughout the season and off season. We are looking for self-motivated, energetic, friendly, and team-oriented individuals with a passion for and knowledge of baseball and an interest in positively impacting the community through the growth of youth baseball and softball.
- Assist with pre-event and post-event setup and break down
- Assist with on-site event registration
- Assist with youth baseball and softball events
- Camps and Clinics – station leader, teaching drills, assisting with program director
- Tournaments – pre event preparation, event execution, on site management
- Provide friendly customer service to all participants in each event, program, or game
- Report incidents and concerns to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Support Youth Baseball and Braves Care staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong familiarity with baseball and/or softball
- Experience playing, and/or coaching preferred; not mandatory
- Experience working with kids preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate
- Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
- Ability to stand and move around on foot for 1 ½ - 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to pass a background check and SafeSport training certification required for new hires
The Atlanta Braves are an Equal Opportunity Employer