Accounts Payable Manager
- - Accounting
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for an organized, motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency while providing strong leadership to our Accounts Payable team. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers and employees, process payments from clients, and hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members. You will also serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and internal and external clients and business partners, including suppliers, and government agencies.
To succeed as an Accounts Payable Manager, you should be focused on optimizing department processes, implementing best practices and being a positive advocate for goals and commitments of the department. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and developing Accounts Payable staff members
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal and external clients including timely communication and problem resolution
- Subject matter expert for Accounts Payable responsible for implementation of department policies and procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Providing suggested improvements for AP systems along with testing, upgrades and enhancements related to these improvements
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders within the organization
- Overseeing the day to day processing and posting of Accounts Payable transactions
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of accounts payable data, ensures accuracy and timeliness of all processes.
- Responsible for 1099 Reporting and supplier setup requirements
- Supervising sales & local use tax accrual process
- Provides accounting assistance to managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Performs other projects and related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field required
- Seven or more years of accounting experience
- One or more years of leadership experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Background check required.
- Workday ERP System experience