Bill Lucas Apprenticeship
- - Baseball Operations
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Being the first General Manager of color in Major League Baseball, Bill Lucas was one of the key influences in setting the foundation for the Atlanta Braves which included drafting key players who led the team to the 1982 Division Championship, and hiring eventual Hall of Fame Manager, Bobby Cox.
Designed as a legacy platform to continue honoring his contributions to the game, the Atlanta Braves-Bill Lucas Apprenticeship Program is a dedicated position in the baseball ops department designed to assist in the pipeline of Diverse candidates who are interested to start a career in Baseball Operations. General Managers utilize their networks and information to assist in their day to day decisions, and through this opportunity, the Braves will provide an overview in a specific area of Baseball Operations, along with additional introductions and exposure to other critical areas in the baseball business.
This apprentice will assist and provide support to the Atlanta Braves Baseball Operations Department and report to the Director, Baseball Administration.
- Support Execution of contracts & compliance requests
- Familiarity with the major League roster and associated transactions
- Administration and logistics of the Baseball Operations Department
- Organize player files & folders
- Organize and maintain the player boards for the general manager and assistant general manager
- Provide written and verbal assessments on major and minor league players
- Potential exposure to the entirety of Baseball Operations including Scouting, Player Development & Administration
- Assigned projects and research
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic coding software knowledge in SQL, R or Python
- Ability to work extensive hours as dictated by the major league season schedule (including weekends and holidays throughout the season)
- An active listener – ability to quickly discern the information needs of Baseball Operations
- Experience producing a reliable work product under stressful circumstances
- Demonstrated track record in role as a self-starter
- Must be detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and handle multiple projects at one time
- Must complete a successful background check
- Experience working with individuals of a wide variety of backgrounds and beliefs
The Atlanta Braves organization is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media